Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family...Or At Least What You're Considered (To Me)

Everyone has family and some people consider their very good friends as family. I am one of those people. I have big brothers (Steve, Reggie, Peter, Shanie, Day-Day), I have little sisters (Alex, Barbara, Mellissa) and I have a lil brother (Dorian). They all have a very special place in my heart and I love them very dearly. Especially for my little "siblings", I would do anything for them. If they ever needed me, I am definitely there for them.

Next Tuesday is Mellissa's graduation and I am in there. That is my girl, lol, and I CAN'T let her down. Dorian is also a senior and he graduated as well. Now, I feel that he should have told me because I would have been there with bells on for him. I call his mom mommy and she calls me her daughter. During his senior year, he was struggling to graduate. He didn't know whether or not if he was going to walk across the stage or not. So he & I were talking about it throughout his senior year and I was giving him encouraging words. He was even thinking about not going to college, but I knew that he wanted to go. Plus, I will not stand and let him be a product of his environment. I go to my homegirl's page and I see pictures of his graduation on his page. When I saw that, I was a little hurt, I won't even front. Like, why wouldn't he think that I wouldn't want to go? Or why wouldn't he think to invite me? I never expressed that I didn't want to go. I don't know, that just hit my heart.

No comments: