Friday, November 14, 2008

Thoughts from This College Student

I've been thinking about some thangs.

1) School - It has taken over my life,lol. I can say I'm doing pretty well. Classes and doing all this work makes me tired, but I'm pulling through. Aside from grades, I'm kind of going through something with Howard. Now, I did my FAFSA and it was sent in and they made my package for the school year. Down the line,I thought I was going to do my taxes (I don't know why) and I made a change that didn't need to be made (so I was told recently). Now my financial aid hasn't been dispersed and due to that, I have a hold on my account. This hold will not allow me to see any type of grades (midterm or final) or more importantly, register for spring semester classes. The last day to register for classes was today and after today, I have to pay a late registration fee. If I can't get into any classes through late registration, I will have to beg, plead, and cry for some of these professors to allow me to override into their class. Then on top of that, I have to have at least 14 credits to be a full time and if I don't have that, it's a possibility that I may either have to take a semester off or transfer to another school. I REALLY do not want to leave Howard. My plan was to go there and graduate from there and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to go talk to my advisor about this on Monday. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in God. I guess I will just have to put it in his hands and let him handle it.

2) God - Like I said, I'm not religious, but I believe in God. I don't like when people shove religion down people's throats. Not everyone believes in the same thing. You have to accept people and their preferences. I don't go to church, but I would like to start. I went to my bestfriend's church for Easter and the service was beautiful, I throughly enjoyed it. There wasn't a time where I was bored or wasn't applying everything the pastor said in my life. I would definitely go there again and I am actually going to try to every chance I'm in New York. I know that I should include the Lord in my life more than he has been. He definitely gets recognition from me and deserves more than I've been giving him.

3) Money - I need a job,lol. Just to have money at my disposal, being able to do what I want, buy what I want, when I want to. I'm maintaining, but I wanna be a lil step above maintaining,lol. Imma be good though, things like that don't really bother me.

4) Kevin & I - Just been thinking about how much I love this kid. I really want to be with him for the rest of my life. We talk about getting married and starting a family. I just want him to be 100% sure that this is what he wants. He thinks about this more than I do,lol. Always talking about what's gonna happen with our kids and whatnot, it's real cute. His words are sincere and I know he means everything he tells me. I see my life and where I will be and he's a part of that. I've always known what I wanted in a significant other and in a relationship and this is it. I didn't think I would get it so early in my life though. At times, it makes me wonder if it will last because of how young we are, but I shake that feeling. We're doing good now and that's all we can worry about. The future will come and we'll see if what we said will come into fruition (I like that word, lol)

5) Food - Ay yi yi,lol. Like,being at Howard has made me gain weight, at least for my first year. But since I've been here for sophomore year? Psshhh, I know I'm losing weight. At times, I'll only eat once a day and that's on a good day. I really am trying to cut down my fast food/junk food intake and it's not really working when everything around you is fast food. After I'm done with classes, I am so tired, I won't even go to the cafe to eat. Since school is almost over, I think I'm going to cook (we have stovetops) until I go home for winter break. I know for sure that I'll eat if I have food here. I get so hungry at times but because I don't want to leave Meridian, I won't eat. Plus, I'm sick of eating fast food. When I went to Kevin's house last week, his mom made some turkey wings with this yellow rice and green peas. I tore that plate up,lol. I'll be beyond happy come Thanksgiving. Ah man,it's thee best,lol

::sighs:: whoo,feels good to get that off my chest

No comments: