Sunday, November 15, 2009

New 'Do

Ok, in a couple weeks, it will be 6 months since I got a perm. It's pretty much been that way because the funds haven't been looking healthy. I was thinking about going natural (in a way, I was) but I changed my mind. At the point in my life right now, I don't have the time to really deal with natural hair. I have to do research, prepare myself before I take this major step. All in all, I'm not ready yet. BUT I will be going natural within the next 2-3 years, I just don't want to do it now. No, I have not seen "Good Hair" so I don't know what secrets Chris Rock has revealed to the world about perm and black hair.

As soon as I get home, I'm going to pay a visit to Annie's Hair Salon and have her hit me off with that "creamy crack." Do you think it's addicting though? I'm not sure. If I've gone this long without a perm, I think I can go without it for years. My hair has only been permed for 6 years. I know people that have had their hair permed since they were 5,6 and their 20 now. That's a LONG ass time. Along with silky roots, I'm going for a new hairdo. I'm really excited. I don't know what's making me become so risky, lol. I want to cut my hair like



that. She's been my hair muse for a while now and now I'm ready to make that leap. I'm thinking about cutting it to the length that has catapulted her into a fashion icon, you know, the short do. Not sure if it will fit my face or if it will look good on me. They have websites for things like that, so I'll look into it, lol.

Deep down, I'm gonna miss the "length" of my hair, but it's hair; it will grow back. By cutting it, it'll give it the chance to grow possibly stronger and healthier. Regardless if you're hair is short or long, the first thing you should want, is for your hair to be healthy.

No comments: