Saturday, October 9, 2010

Burnt Out

I'm tired of trying with you. After moments like this, I remain hopeful that things will change and you'll do something to get me back, but I'm usually proved wrong. I'm working with you on this and I need you to put in that same amount of work. You say you know what to do, you say that you understand. If you understand, why do you keep doing these things to me?

I'm numb to it all. I don't want this to happen again but I have the strongest feeling that it will. Maybe I shouldn't care about you as much. Maybe I should place every single thing before you. Maybe I shouldn't do anything for you, make you feel like you mean less to me.

I don't know what to do. I want to get this straight but I don't know how much patience I have left.

I want you to fight for me, to fight for me to believe that things will change, to fight and show me that you still feel the same way about me like when you first told me, "I love you." Make me put all my faith in you. Because doing it on my own gets me nowhere.

The funny thing is, I've said this plenty of times, but we're still at square one.