Friday, July 23, 2010

Feeling Like

I'm in a long distance relationship when we're in the same state, same city, 30-45 minutes away from each other on foot.

I haven't seen him in a week and the week before that I haven't seen him in a week.

Listening to "The Element of Freedom" by Alicia Keys and it's mostly about love. I can relate to pretty much every song. But what I'm trying to understand is, is she saying that love is equated to freedom? When it's so true, so pure, so selfless, is that the same as being free? In a way, I agree, if that's the message she's trying to put out. But when things get in the way, love can make you feel like a prisoner in a number of ways. Your thoughts, your actions, your feelings, binding you to that one person. Love is beautiful but ugly at the same time.

And what's funny is that I'm starting to realize and experience both sides of it.

No comments: