Friday, December 25, 2009

Red & Green

Happy Holidays to everyone, no matter what you celebrate. I hope today was filled with love and joy and hope and positivity.

I honestly enjoyed my Christmas with my family. I might not have did much and we might not be as together like most families, but we ate, watched TV and enjoyed each other's company. There are alot of things that I wanted, but I already have the things that I need. I have my life, my good health and my family, so I'm good.

I'm going to keep it 100. I don't want to see or hear ANYONE complaining today, seriously. We (people I know and myself) are so much better off and have a lot more than most people have but yet, some people are still complaining about not getting the new Space Jam Jordans or some Gucci handbag or money from their family members. On some G ish, you gotta be kidding me. My homeboy went to a homeless shelter with his family and gave out gifts. That touched my heart because we take and take and take, but don't find the time to give. Some people need to look into their hearts and stop being so selfish and spoiled. We're so materialistic and self indulged that we don't see the bigger picture in life.

I just had to get that off my chest because life has changed me and my outlook on certain things and people still have childish thoughts. Yes, we're young. Yes, we want the quality things in life. Yes, we want money. But life is bigger than tangible and worldly things.

If you felt offended by reading this, there's nothing I can do about that. I wrote this in hopes that the reader would think twice about themselves and the things they do. This was intended to somewhat uplift and enlighten, not depress or upset. All in all, find the silver lining in every cloud. It's possble :)

No comments: