Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trying To Stay Positive

Being careless can go a long way. Pushing things out of your mind can make things easier. Life is meant to be enjoyed to it's fullest potential, even if there are things in the world that try to distract you from that.

I know I have neglected my blog, but I have been very busy. Between work and spending time with Kevin, by the time I get home, I just take a shower and go to sleep and do it all over again the next day.

My day was going good, until I started thinking about school. I love Howard, I really do, but the thing that brought me down was paying for school. Last school year, my mom accepted the parent PLUS loan, which she is still paying for to this day. This year, she's not accepting it again, which is understandable. I got awarded (from FAFSA) 2 grants, 1 loan and work study. Since my mom isn't accepting the PLUS loan, it leaves me short of my tuition. I do get child support from my father,so my mom and I decided that we would use that to pay off the rest of my tuition. The child support was my source of money during the 2007-2008 school year and since we're using that to pay off my tuition, I have to get a job. I don't mind getting a job at all. Lucky for me, I only have to save the child support from now (August) until January. I know that it's going to be a bit hard because I have to juggle school, work study, work, a relationship and my social life. I don't want to be negative and I am trying very hard to stay positive and I think that it's working. I'm just going to try to relax because I know that everything is going to work out in my favor.

Another thing I have to stay positive about is Kevin & I. Everything is going great, I am so in love as he is with me. We'll make a year on the 27th. It didn't even seem that long. It went by so quickly,lol. We went through some things, but nothing crucial and I am thankful for that. I am also thankful that we can deal with the things that we both do. I get sad when I think about going back to school because I'm leaving Kevin. I know it's not like we're breaking up, but I really enjoyed being with him these past 4 months. We're both going to be so busy with our lives but I know that we'll always have time for each other.

That's about it. I don't know what I'm going to do today, but I need to relax and stop being on edge about these situations. I may possibly go to Manhattan, purchase a Jamba Juice and go to Hudson River Park and just look out on the water with Kevin.

No comments: